Badam Cake (Almond Cake) by tarla dalal
Viewed 1840 times
The Badam Cake (Almond Cake) is a mildly-sweet treat with the delectable crunch of almonds. Made with yeast, this cake has a unique loaf-like texture, which gets even better with the almond flakes that regale every bite. While almond by itself has a very nice and soothing flavour, we have used cardamom powder and vanilla essence to enhance the flavour further without ruining the characteristic taste of almonds. Serve this soul-warming treat warm with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.
Recipe Description for Badam Cake, Almond Cake
- Combine the plain flour and baking powder in a deep bowl, make a well in the centre, and add the 1 tsp of castor sugar, yeast and 5 to 7 tsp of milk in the depression.
- Mix all the ingredients in the depression. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining castor sugar, butter, vanilla essence and cardamom powder, mix well and knead into a soft dough using approx. ¼ cup milk. Cover with a lid or damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Dust the hands with little plain flour and knead again to make it smooth.
- Place the dough into a 175 mm. × 175 mm. (7” ×7”) diameter baking dish and spread the dough evenly by patting it using your fingers. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar, milk, cardamom powder and vanilla essence in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
- Add the almond flakes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Spread the almond-sugar mixture evenly over the spread dough and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes. Switch off the oven and allow the cake to rest in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Demould.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.