7 Uses of Tabasco Sauce
1. Tabasco being a spicy, sour sauce is very useful for making other types of sauces as well. It is can be added to a barbecue sauce, a marinating sauce, steak sauce or a chipotle BBQ sauce.
2. It's a key ingredient in the popular Bloody Mary cocktail. You can make a Bloody Mary by combining tomato juice, vodka, little lemon juice, a little Worcestershire sauce, salt, and one-quarter teaspoon of Tabasco pepper sauce. The drink should then be stirred well, chilled, served with ice, and garnished with a slice of lime. A non-alcoholic version can be made the say, without adding the vodka, called the Virgin Mary.
3. Tabasco sauce is widely used to season a variety of foods, such as sandwiches, salads, burgers, pasta, French fries, cheese fries, pizza, and even mashed potatoes. In almost all these dishes, the sauce can be added on top or added to the dish while cooking itself.
4. Put little drops of tabasco over pizza and pasta or as a finishing touch to various salads like a Grilled pepper and Feta Cheese Salad.
5. The sauce goes extremely well with Mexican Cuisine. It can be added to dishes like Chilli Con Carne, quesadillas, as a sprinkling over tacos and nachos to give it that extra kick. It is also used in other ethnic cuisines like Cajun and African cuisines.
6. Various dips with different ingredients like corn, cheese, or a simple guacamole can be spiced up with a few drops of tabasco.
7. Rarely, but with wonderful results, tabasco is added to both hot and cold soups like Gazpacho for that extra spicy, zesty flavor.