This page been viewed 4682 times
10 Reasons to Eat More Papaya
Deliciously sweet with musky undertones and a soft, butter-like consistency, it is no wonder the papaya is reputably called the
"fruit of the angels".Once considered quite exotic, they can now be found in markets throughout the year.
There are many reasons to buy papaya at first sight...
1. It promotes digestive health .
2. It acts as a laxative and helps to overcome constipation.
3. Being rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C , it helps to protect against heart diseases by oxidizing the excess Cholesterol.
4. It is also known to enhance your immune support and helps build a shield against common infections.
5. They are rich in flavonoids like beta carotene , lutein and zeaxanthin which keeps the membranes of the eyes healthy and prevents its damage.
6. The high vitamin C and antioxidants in papaya makes it an anti-ageing fruit. Have 1 to 2 big slices of papaya daily to get a soft and smooth skin.
7. The whole lot of antioxidants and flavonoids together aid in preventing from undergoing free radical damage and thus prevents cancer.
8. Vitamin A from papaya is utilized in the production of sebum, a compound necessary for our body to keep our hair smooth and lustrous.
9. Papaya puree applied on skin or papaya slices rubbed on face, acts as a skin cleanser and helps to get a glow on the face.
10. The enzyme papain in papaya is known to relive the arthritis pain.
So get set to select that most yellowish-orange papaya with a tint of green and welcome health.
10 Reasons To Eat More Papaya
Surprise your kid with this unusual combination of papaya and pineapple! let the little one explore the tangy taste even while topping up on varied nutrients and fibre! A glass of this juice provides 4 gm of fibre, which aids in digestion.
A smoothie deserves to be called a meal in a glass, because it is not only satiating but by virtue of the fruits used, it also provides ample nutrition. This energy boosting Papaya, Green Apple and Orange Smoothie is rich in vitamins and fibre. While the fruits and curds energize you, the lingering, ....
Raw papaya has a mind-blowing crunch that can easily outdo other choices like cucumber and even carrots!
Its mildly sweet flavour is also a delight to savour, especially when it is combined with appropriate ingredients like crunchy peanuts, spicy capsicum and tangy tomatoes.
Lemon juice ....
Combining fruits and veggies in a salad is always a great idea as it produces a very balanced taste and texture. However, the combo has to be selected carefully so that the ingredients complement and bring out the best in each other. That way, the Papaya, Cabbage and Bean Sprouts Salad, ably support ....
Papaya Coconut Drink shares it's colour with the sun during twilight which is a delight to the eye and the taste buds!
Coconut water is an age-old remedy to beat the heat and cool your body. It is also an excellent source of potassium that is required for maintaining the water balance in our bo ....
Traditionally, frappé refers to a foam-covered coffee drink, but here we have used this frothy format to make a caffeine-free, fruity drink!
The Papaya and Apple Frappe is a refreshing chilled drink with the tangy flavour of curds, the natural sweetness of honey, the satiating texture of fruit ....
This snazzy orange coloured-carbohydrate rich juice is a fulfilling breakfast idea. The papaya being alkaline by nature prevents acidity and the lemon juice makes it more interesting by imparting its flavourful touch.
If you do not have time for an elaborate breakfast, whip up a Papaya Mango Smoothie. It is flavourful and colourful and nutritious too, as both papaya and mango are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. This sumptuous smoothie will surely keep you satiated and energetic till lunchtime, just as though y ....
The delightful flavour and amazing texture of this smoothie will surely be noticed by you! An amazing blend of fruits, curds and vanilla essence makes this a real heart throb. In fact, once you taste it, this Papaya and Green Apple Smoothie will win hands down over any junky snack you might consider ....
Health-freaks will definitely love this drink not just for its nutrients but also for its colour and taste. The fruits and vegetables used to prepare this juice have been carefully chosen, which is infused with sufficient vitamins A, C and digestive enzymes, to meet a daily requirement. It is very s ....
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.