Apple Malpua with Apricot Rabri
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5150 times
Malpua and Rabri which is a sweet dish very popular to the region I belong in Odisha, but I decided to give this recipe a twist and make it suitable for people to have it even during fasting also by incorporating fruits in it. You can enjoy the mappua as it is or with apricot rabri.
Add your private note
Apple Malpua with Apricot Rabri recipe - How to make Apple Malpua with Apricot Rabri
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
2 hours 40 minutes
Makes 4 serving
- Mix sugar and water in a pan and stir over medium heat till sugar dissolves and the syrup has reduced to half of its quantity .
- Add the cardamom powder and saffron and mix well.
- Take a drop of sugar syrup between two of your fingers and start pulling your fingers in opposite direction, if you find the syrup to be of a thread like consistency, then your sugar syrup is done.
- Add the lemon juice and turn off the heat. the lemon juice is added to stop the crystallization process.
- In a deep bowl mix combine add water chestnut flour, corn flour, yogurt and add some water and mix well to form a lump free batter. Keep aside.
- Now take one apple and peel the skin, core and cut it into roundels.
- In another plate, add some water chestnut flour and cinnamon powder. Coat the apple pieces in it and keep aside.
- Add fruit salt to the prepared batter.
- Heat ghee in a pan, coat apple pieces in the prepared batter and deep fry in hot oil till it turns brown on all sides.
- Drain the apple pieces on an absorbent paper.
- Drop them in the sugar syrup and let it soak completely for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate. Decorate with chopped pistachios and almonds and serve hot.
- Soak the apricot in warm milk for 2 to 3 hrs. Grind it to a fine paste with a little milk, if needed you can add some sugar just to balance the sweetness of the paste.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and let it boil.
- Add the green cardamom powder and boil till it reduces 1/3 of its original quantity, while stirring in between.
- Scrap the sides of the pan and mix it with the milk to make it thicker.
- Once the milk reduces to half of its quantity, add sugar and keep stirring till it reduces to a very thick consistency.
- Let it cool completely. Once cool add the apricot puree, mix well and refrigerate to chill.
- Fill the chilled Apricot Rabri in a glass and place a hot Apple Malpua on top and relish this beautiful desert.
This recipe was contributed by Alkajena on 29 Aug 2016Food Blogger...Recipe Creator...Food Stylist....Food Photographer...Dedicated mother...Working profe...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.