Aloo Tikki Chaat by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1292 times
Think chaat and this is one of the first options that comes to mind. The Aloo Tikki Chaat needs no introduction to those who are familiar with the street foods of India. Very famous in Mumbai and North India, this chaat is now available all over the country even in small eateries and roadside stalls! Crunchy and succulent tikkis made of potatoes are bathed in curds and spruced up with sweet and green chutneys and an exciting mix of spice powders. A garnish of sev adds crunch to the Aloo Tikki Chaat while pomegranate gives you spots of nice juicy sweetness. Much loved by all, this chaat is definitely one worth trying to make in your own kitchens. Make it with a flourish like the roadside vendors do and serve it with love, for your family and friends to relish.
Recipe Description for Aloo Tikki Chaat, Chaat Recipe
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Roll and shape each portion into a 63 mm. (2½”) round flat tikki.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and deep- fry 4 tikkis at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the curds and sugar in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, place 2 aloo tikkis on a serving plate.
- Spread ¼ cup of curd-sugar mixture, 2 tsp of khajur imli ki chutney, and 2 tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of cumin seeds powder, ? tsp of chaat masala and ? of black salt evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle 1 tbsp of nylon sev, 1 tsp of coriander and 1 tbsp of pomegranate evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.