Aloo Tikki Burger by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 605 times
Even international food chains are introducing a touch of Indian magic in their burgers and pizzas, because of the tongue-tickling taste and rich texture that they give.
This Aloo Tikki Burger is a perfect example. It brings into burgers the unbridled fun of Indian food. Aloo Tikki made of potatoes perked up with tongue-tickling spices and spice mixes like chaat masala makes a wonderful patty for burgers.
Recipe Description for Aloo Tikki Burger
- Combine the plain flour and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add all the other remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while mashing it occasionaly.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness tikki.
- Dip each tikki in the maida- water mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry each tikki till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two.
- Apply 1 tsp of butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle).
- Place 2 cooked burger bun halves on a clean, dry surface.
- Spread a little of the prepared spread on each halve and spread it evenly.
- Put ¼ cup of lettuce on the lower burger bun halve.
- Put an aloo tikki on it, 1 cheese slice, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices and finally sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Cover with an upper halve of the burger bun with the buttered–spread side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.