Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8141 times
Aloo Dumwale is a popular North Indian recipe wherein potatoes are cooked with spices under pressure or dum. Aalu dum is a traditional delicacy of aalus cooked in a rich spicy gravy.
- Prick baby potatoes with fork. lightly sprinkle potatoes with salt, chili powder and pepper. deep fry till brown. keep aside.
- Grind the fried onions with clove, chilies and ginger.
- Heat oil in a kadhai .add the onion paste, cashew paste and fr for a minute.
- Add curd, mix well, then add ginger-garlic, red chili, coriander seeds, turmeric powder. fry well for 5 min.
- Add the tomato puree. cover and cook.
- Add 2 cups water, let it boil, add the fried potatoes, salt, garam masala powder and fresh coriander.
- Cover and cook on dum for 10 min. on slow fire.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roties.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.