Aloo Biryani by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 169 times
The rich flavour of the gravy and the succulent crunch of deep-fried baby potatoes make this Aloo Biryani an experience to remember.
Here, perfectly cooked rice is layered with a spicy gravy and deep-fried baby potatoes, along with some mint and coriander leaves to enhance the flavour and aroma.
Recipe Description for Aloo Biryani
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the rice and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the deep-fried onions and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaf, cloves, peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place half the rice mixture in a shallow microwave and oven safe glass dish and spread it evenly.
- Pour the gravy over it and spread it evenly.
- Place the deep-fried potato halves on it.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of mint leaves and 1 tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Put the remaining rice mixture and spread it evenly.
- Finally sprinkle again with 1 tbsp of mint leaves and 1 tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes or bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.