Aloo Bhindi, Punjabi Style Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 88 times
Who doesn’t like the combination of aloo and bhindi? Combining it with potatoes makes ladies finger appealing even to little kids!
Here is one way to cook the duo in a flavour-packed Punjabi style. Here the Aloo Bhindi is perked up with a range of common but dynamic ingredients, which give a really awesome flavour and nice mouth-feel to the subzi.
Recipe Description for Aloo Bhindi, Punjabi Style Recipe
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- In the same non-stick pan, add the bhindi and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- In the same deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger paste and garlic paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, asafoetida, dry mango powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sautéed potatoes and bhindi, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream, coriander and dried fenugreek leaves and mix gently.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.