Aloo Aur Shakarkand ki Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 87575 times
Most of us consider sweet potatoes to be a very boring vegetable, only to be eaten during religious fasts and then too, it is only baked or boiled before it is peeled and eaten.
This recipe of Aloo Aur Shakarkand ki Chaat is a good example of how versatile and delicious the humble potato and sweet potato can be.
Have the Aloo Aur Shakarkand ki Chaat topped on crunchy papadis or fill them in bread tartlets for a delicious treat. Check out are many more chaat recipes that are sure to tickle your taste buds.
- To make the Aloo Aur Shakarkand ki Chaat recipe, heat the oil in a broad not-stick pan, add the potatoes and sweet potatoes and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minute or till they turn golden brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Place a portion of the prepared mixture in a serving plate and top with 1½ tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney, 1 tbsp green chutney and ¼ cup of curds evenly over it.
- Sprinkle a little black salt, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and salt evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve the Aloo Aur Shakarkand ki Chaat immediately garnished with coriander.
- While boiling potatoes and sweet potatoes for the Aloo Aur Shakarkand ki Chaat, make sure boil them in salted water.
Aloo aur Shakarkand ki Chaat Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.