Akhrot Choco Tarts
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 226 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64428 times
Delicious tarts made with walnut barfi topped with a creamy chocolate topping.
- Dissolve the sugar in 4 to 5 tablespoons of water and simmer to get a syrup of 1 string consistency.
- Add the walnuts and cashewnuts and mix well. Heat over a slow flame and stir till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the fire, transfer to another plate and cool completely.
- Divide the mixture in 10 equal portions. Press each portion into 25 mm. (1") diameter greased tart moulds.
- Unmould the tarts and keep aside.
- Heat the cream in a pan and bring it to a boil. Add the chocolate and mix well to get a smooth sauce, making sure that no lumps remain.
- Cool completely. Pour into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and keep aside.
- Pipe a swirl of the topping into each walnut tart, using a piping bag.
- Garnish with the walnut pieces.
- If you do not want to make tarts, you can also roll the mixture into a square and cut small pieces of the barfi.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.