Zucchini Spicy Dosa
by Prameela Bhat
This recipe has been viewed 1661 times
Spicy batter will be prepared using rice, tamarind, jaggery, coconut and fresh roasted spices. Slices of zucchini will be dipped in spicy batter and round shape like dosa will be formed on the hot pan. From here proceed just like making dosas .... outcome will be spicy zucchini dosa. Sounds interesting ??
- Wash and soak the rice for one hour.
- Using little oil, roast all the ingredients mentioned under "for roasting" till you get nice aroma.( Please don't burn the spices). Let it cool down completely.
- Drain the rice and transfer it into a mixie jar. Now add in all the roasted spices, tamarind, jaggery, salt, turmeric powder and coconut into the same jar. Using sufficient water grind everything into a smooth batter.( Consistency should be like pakoda batter, neither too thin nor too thick).
- Check for the salt again and adjust.
- Peel the outer skin of zucchini. Now chop them into thin slices. Drop these slices into the batter.
- Heat the dosa pan and grease with one tsp of oil.Once the pan is hot enough, Dip the zucchini slices in the batter and place them on the pan one after another. Form a circular shape like dosa. At this stage, if you see gaps in between the slices on the pan, Fill in the gaps using 1-2 tsp of batter.
- Cook the dosa by covering the lid in a medium flame.After a 2 minutes, add 1 tsp of oil ,flip the dosa and cook the other side too. Make sure zucchini is cooked nicely.
- ENJOY THE HOT DOSA WITH GRATED JAGGERY AND BUTTER !
This recipe was contributed by Prameela Bhat on 27 Feb 2019
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.