Zebra Cake ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26704 times
Isn’t it pretty obvious why this cake is named so! kids will love this lively-looking chocolate cake.
- Cut the sponge lengthwise into 1 1/2 cm. thick slices. You should get approx. 8 slices each being 150 mm. (6”) long.
- Place the slices on a flat surface and sprinkle a little sugar syrup on them.
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on them.
- Roll 1 slice.
- Roll the second slice around the first. Repeat with all the remaining slices and place on the cake board.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Cover the cake with the remaining whipped cream from top and all sides and again refrigerate to set for 20 minutes.
- Put the cream in a piping bag fitted with a plain no 5 star nozzle and keep aside.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a butter paper-piping bag and fold the top end of the piping bag so as to seal it. Snip a bit off the tip so as to get a tiny hole for the piping to come out.
- Pipe out straight parallel lines of whipped cream at a distance of about 5 mm from each other on top of the cake.
- Pipe out the melted chocolate in between the lines of whipped cream and allow the chocolate to flow along the sides of the cake.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.