Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8453 times
When done, khichdi should be 'wet' in consistency.
serve with green chutney and papad. a spoonful of 'desi ghee' will enhance the taste immensely.
- Cut potato into small cubes. soak daal and rice together for half an hour. chop onion and garlic finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and start adding tampering ingredients in a given order. add chopped onion and garlic.
- Let it cook for a while. now add soaked rice and daal.
- Add around 7 cups of water. ( water should at least be 2 and half times that of rice-daal content)
- Add cubed potato, chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder.
- Cook with the lid on till do
This recipe was contributed by meera_khan on 13 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.