Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 846 times
Hot pakodas can be added to this dal few minutes before serving
the following vegetables can be added while boiling the thuvaram paruppu for variations...
chopped carrots/ green leaves(arai keerai or mulai keerai or siru keerai/ dosakaai(a kinda cuccumber)/ boiled and smashed potatoes..
goes well with hot rice
Add your private note
Yummy dal recipe - How to make Yummy dal
Cooking Time: Total Time:
boiled tuvaram paruppu - 1 cup
chopped onions- 1/2 cup
chopped tomatoes-1/4 cup
chopped green chillies and garlic-2 tsp
salt- to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
ghee- 1 tbsp
coriander leaves 1/4 cup
curry leaves-1 /2 tbsp
- Put oil in vessel and add onions and tomatoes and chopped chillies and garlics and boil...
- Then take half of this mixture and grind it into paste...
- Now add the boiled tuvaram paruppu and the paste to the remaining(boiled) onion tomato mixture
- now add salt, and turmeric powder and mix well
- In a kadai, add ghee and tamper jeera and curry leaves and add it to the above mixture...
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot
This recipe was contributed by sukanyaa on 20 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.