by Spl. Educator -Latha
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1109 times
1.when making sugar syrup,do not overcook, then laddoos cannot be made.
2.while frying boondis do not let the oil smoke,heat the oil first and keep the flame on moderate heat.
3.while rubbing butter, baking powder,salt,with your fingers do it till it looks frothy.this makes the dish flaky and soft when baked.
comments: why the name cornegranate?
when you open the baked dish you find yellow bead like structures resembling the fruit pomegranate.
this recipe is done by me and not copied from any source. mrs.latha viswanathan ( gold member- no: 114466 )
Add your private note
Yummy cornegranate recipe - How to make Yummy cornegranate
Cooking Time: Total Time:
I. For the Laddoos: Ingredients:
2 cups tender American corn kernels.
1 Tblspn gram flour( besan)
1/2 Tspn corn flour
1 Tblspn cashews (crushed coarsely )
Water for mixing
Level cup sugar
Oil for frying boondis.
II. For Outer Coating: Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups All purpose flour OR(1 cup maida
+ 1/2 cup atta )
1 Tbspn Butter
1/4 Tspn baking powder
A pinch of salt
Little water for mixing.
- Method: i: laddoos
- Grind the fresh corn to a fine paste adding little water.
- To this paste add the gram flour and the corn flour and mix well into a flowing batter as for bhajjias.
- Heat oil in a pan.keep the flame on moderate heat.
- Using a laddoo ladle over the oil,pour the batter little at a time and fry the boondis.
- Place sugar in a pan and sprinkle little water.
- Stir and make a one string syrup. add all the boondis and the crushed cashews.
- Mix well. make small laddoos by holding it firmly in the palm of your hand.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Ii:method:the outer cover:
- In a flat vessel add butter, salt,baking powder and rub with your fingers to make it fluffy.
- Add flour slowly and mix it to make it look like crumbs.
- Then slowly sprinkle water little by little and knead as for chapathis.
- Make lemon sized balls.
- Roll each one into a small circle.
- Place one corn laddoo in each circle and smoothly gather the sides to the centre.
- Pinch off extra overhanging dough.
- Brush a liitle oil to make it look smooth.
- Preheat oven to 150 deg.
- Place them in a tray without touching each other.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove when slightly brown and is cooked.
This recipe was contributed by Spl. Educator -Latha on 14 Feb 2003A proud mother with a happy family of elders,sons,daughter-i-laws,grandchildren, relatives & friends...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.