Yummy Toovar Moong Dal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5607 times
This dal is high on nutrition, easy to digest and loved by kids and adults alike.
- Wash the dals and pressure cook with turmeric powder till soft. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the asafoetida, green chilli, cumin seeds and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add the cooked dals and tomato puree and mix well.
- Add little water, if the dal becomes too thick.
- Add the salt and kokum, mix well and simmer for five minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by muktahegde on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.