by NEENA SAVLA
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2150 times
A unique combination of Bajra and Caramel will be loved by all. It can be served hot or cold as a dessert.
- Soak the whole bajra in enough water in a deep vessel for 8 to 10 hours or over night.
- Drain well. Add enough water to Bajra and pressure cook for 5-6 whistles till tender. Drain the water well.
- Heat ghee in a non stick kadai, add cooked Bajra and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk and cook till almost thick, stirring continuously.
- Add the remaining ingredients for Bajra Layer and cook stirring till thick. Keep aside.
- Spread sugar in a non stick kadai and cook till sugar is light brown in colour (caramelised) on a low heat.
- Remove from heat add cooking cream and mix well.
- Return to heat and cook stirring till thick.
- Remove in a bowl andallow to cool a little.
- Mix the nut pieces.
- Fill 3/4 th serving glass with bajra mixture and tap lightly to level.
- Fill the remaining glass with Caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle choco chips and nut pieces.
- Serve hot or chill for 3-4 hours and then serve.
This recipe was contributed by NEENA SAVLA on 24 Mar 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.