Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4551 times
An appealing and tempting snack or side dish recipe, Yummy Basket are basically maida baskets which are filled with a spicy vegetable based filling.
- Make a hard dough of flour, oil, baking powder and salt.
- Divide into 5 parts.
- Roll out 1/4 inch thick and put into tart shells.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree f and bake it for 10 min or till done.
- Let it cool.
- Heat a little oil in a kadhai.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Add cabbages, and peas(if using fresh. add all the spices except garam masala.
- Cover it and let it cook for 5 mins under slow flame.
- Add capsicums and saute for few minutes.
- Finally add paneer cubes. garam masala, and lemon juice.
- Take baskets and put fillings inside.
- Take a strand of scallion and using a small broken toothpick carefully attach it at one end if the basket.
- Repeat the same for another end to give it a shape of basket''''s handle.
- Scrape the carrots and make a bow with it. pin it up using toothpick at the middle of the handle.
- Cut the cherries into halves. prick tooth picks in each halves and fix it into the baskets.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by ektanshu on 12 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.