Yin Yang Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9865 times
An unusual combination of curd-potato soup and broccoli soup served with finesse.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped onion, carom and paprika to the pan and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and salt and summer till the potatoes are cooked.
- Cool the potato mixture and puree in a blender with the curds and milk till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onion and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the broccoli and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, stirring continuously.
- Simmer till the broccoli is tender and add salt and pepper.
- Cool slightly and puree in a blender till smooth.
- Keep aside.
- Reheat both the soups separately.
- Cut piece of foil or butter paper of a length equal to the diameter of the serving soup bowl and place it in the centre of a serving soup bowl.
- Carefully spoon both the soups on opposite sides of the foil.
- Gently remove the piece of foil so that both the soups have a line of differentiation.
- Repeat with three other bowls.
- If the curds are sour, add 1/4 cup milk to the curd and potato soup.
- Both the soups should be thick so that they do not mix easily before they are served.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.