Yet Another Alu Sabzi
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9112 times
Yet Another Alu Sabzi is a simple and delicious vegetable recipe with boiled potatoes sautéed with spices and the served garnished with chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy with parathas or puris.
- Boil whole potatoes in a pressure cooker and when cool peel, cut into 8 pieces each and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. when the oil is hot season with mustard and cumin.
- When the mustard begins to splutter, add curry leaves and also finely chopped garlic, onions, and green chillies.
- Fry them golden brown and then add finely chopped spinach leaves (already cleaned and kept ready).
- Add masala powders and salt. pour 1/2 cup water.
- Once the spinach leaves are soft, add chopped tomatoes and dried methi leaves, fryning them for anothe 5 minutes until the tomamoet are done.
- Then finally add cut potatoes and 1/2 cup water.
- Saute them for another 5 to 10 minute, till the water gets thoroughly mixed with the other ingredients.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Ranganayaki on 10 Jun 2005I teach English. Have written 2 recipe books, which are yet to be published. Most of these recipes a...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.