Yellow Pumpkin Soup
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22981 times
A sweet and spicy Yellow pumpkin soup is rich in Carotenoid which are essential to keep diseases at bay. Enjoy the yellow pumpkin soup with mint sprigs as garnish and toasted bread as accompaniment.
- Dice the yellow pumpkin, potato and carrot into small pieces.
- Separate the onions from bunch of spring onions and dice both. set aside some of the green portion for later garnishing.
- Heat a kadai, put the butter and saute all the onions till they are golden in colour.
- Add the yellow pumpkin, potato, carrot and part of the green spring onion and saute them all for 3 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups of water, salt and pressure cook to two whistles.
- You may alternately boil them till the vegetables are tender.
- Cool and blend in a mixie.
- Add the boiled green peas.
- Heat before serving. garnish with pepper and raw spring onion greens.
This recipe was contributed by radhas1042 on 04 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.