Yellow Moong and Urad Dal Pakoda
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13449 times
These unique pakodas have a very different mouth-feel and a perfect flavour! They are not crisp like the conventional pakodas but interestingly soft.
A combination of spices, ginger and green chillies is worked into the batter to give the Yellow Moong and Urad Dal Pakodas an appetizing flavour. Serve with Coconut Chutney on a rainy day and watch them being wiped off the plate within minutes!
Make sure you soak the dals for the required time, as mentioned in the recipe. Also make sure you patiently fry the pakodas till golden brown, or they might have a slightly raw flavour.
You can make monsoon more exciting with other recipes like Moong Dal and Rice Mini Pakodas or Peanut Pakoda .
- Combine the urad dal and yellow moong dal in a deep bowl with enough water for 3 hours. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer till coarse using ½ cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl , add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, drop spoonful of the mixture using your fingers and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.