by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21973 times
Here is a spicy preparation of yam, which goes well with rice and bland gravies like more kuzhambu. The scintillating blend of spices used in this curry is sure to tickle your taste buds and leave you asking for more! in tamilnadu, they often say that this curry is so aromatic that the neighbour will know if you are cooking it right!
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add all the ingredients and saute for a few seconds till it leaves a pleasant aroma. Keep aside.
- Combine the yam, turmeric powder, salt and ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, chana dal, chillies and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds while stirring continuously.
- Add the cooked yam, coconut and curry powder, mix gently and cover and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring once in between. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||109.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.