Yam Cooked In Buttermilk
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9139 times
This subzi goes equally well with plain chapatis as well as rice. to have with rice, retain a little amount of buttermilk as the gravy. addition of peanuts enhances the flavour of this subzi. when tired of eating the usual spicy food, the subzi is a welcome change.
- Wash the yam thoroughly,peel and cut into cubes.
- Now in a pan or a vessel, add ghee, when heated, add the jeera untill it splutters a bit.
- Now add the green chilles (cut into small pieces).
- Saute for 2-3 mins.
- Now add the buttermilk stirring initially for some time.
- Then add the powdered peanuts.
- Let it simmer for 7-8 mins, or untill the yam is is cooked and you achieve the desired consistency.
- Add sugar and salt.
- When done, add a little cream.
This recipe was contributed by nandsari on 21 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.