by Tarla Dalal
Added to 212 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23005 times
Wonton wrappers, it is indeed easy making fresh at home adds a unique distinctive taste to your cooking. The secret to a good wonton wrapper is soft pliable dough that must be covered in cloth until use. You can make these wrappers and store them in the refrigerator as well.
- Sieve the flour and salt together.
- Knead into a soft dough using approx. ½ cup of warm water.
- Add 1½ tsp of oil and knead for a while and keep aside for 30 minutes, covered with a damp muslin cloth.
- Knead again using the remaining ½ tsp of oil till it becomes smooth and elastic with a wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the dough into 25 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside. Use as required within ½ hour.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.