Wonder Rice By vijayraj
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2512 times
A wonderful non vegetarian rice preparation, wonder rice is simply amazing. The rice is cooked with shredded chicken, finely chopped vegetables, spice powders and beaten egg. A delightful rice recipe which is best served as main course with raita.
Add your private note
Wonder Rice By vijayraj recipe - How to make Wonder Rice By vijayraj
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
2 cups rice (chawal)
Egg 1 no.
Finely chopped ginger 1tsp.
Finely chopped garlic 1 tsp.
Finely chopped green chilies 1 tbsp.1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania) or celery1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
Chopped cabbage 1/3 cup
Chopped capsicum 1/3 cup a pinch of M.S.G
Cooked shredded chicken 1/2 cup
Cooked chopped prawns
1/2 cup White pepper
1/2 tsp Soya sauce
4 tbsp. Chili sauce (optional)1 tsp finely chopped spring onions whites
1/2 cup Small pieces of mixed fresh fruits (apple, lichi, mango, pineapple)
1/2 cup Small pieces of fried cashewnuts
2 tbsp. Small pieces of blanched fried almonds2 tbsp oil
4 tbsp. salt
- Pick, wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Boil water, add rice and a little salt.
- Cook stirring occasionally, till rice is tender.
- Drain. add cold water. drain again. keep in an open vessel and use only after completely cooled.
- Break the egg into a bowl. add salt and pepper to taste and beat lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan with high edges. add the egg and scramble lightly. remove, break into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil in the same pan.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chilies, coriander leaves and spring onion.
- Stir fry over a high flame for 1/2 minute.
- Add the cabbage,capsicum and ajinomoto. stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, prawns, pepper and salt.
- Mix well. add the rice, soya sauce, chili sauce and spring onion tops. stir fry over a high flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the scrambled egg, fresh fruits, cashewnuts and almonds.
- Serve very hot with noodles, fish manchurian or szechuan pork or spicy potato with sesame seeds.
This recipe was contributed by vijayraj on 27 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.