by Tarla Dalal
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17945 times
A heavy duty snack that not only fills up the stomach, but helps plug in the nutritional requirements of your loved ones!
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the low-fat milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chilli flakes, oregano, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the white sauce, mixed vegetables and little salt in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Brush each bread with ¼ tsp of butter and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180° c (360° f) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place one toasted hot dog roll half on a clean, dry surface. Spread a portion of the topping evenly on it.
- Repeat step 4 to make 3 more open rolls.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per open roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.