Wholesome Sooji Cake
by Nutri Kavi
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4873 times
This eye catching recipe is favourite of kids. It contains goodness of beetroot, carrots blended with healthy semolina and curd mixture.
- In a bowl mix together curd and suji and add little water to make thick batter. Keep aside for 15 minutes
- In the batter add salt ,chilli powder, turmeric powder, onion, tomato, corn, beetroot, carrot, soda and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts.
- Take a round bottomed wok.
- Put in 1 tsp oil and add the mustard seeds, 3-4 curry leaves and some coriander .
- On top of this pour 1 part of suji mixture.
- Cover with lid and let the cake cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn the cake so that it can be cooked from other side.
- Pour little oil from sides.
- Cook on slow flame for 5-7 minutes or till it is crisp.
- Repeat the same procedure to make 3 more suji cakes.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by Nutri Kavi on 25 Jul 2013I love cooking very much. .
My hobbies are painting and travelling
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.