Whole Wheat and Methi Khakhra
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15578 times
Khakhras have been one of the healthiest snack options since time immemorial. Is it the crispness, the flavouring or the slow-cooking process that makes it so delicious, we cannot say, but overall the outcome of this recipe is just fantastic! Extremely healthy with fibre-rich wheat and iron-rich methi, these aromatic Whole Wheat and Methi Khakhra are a must-try despite being time-consuming. You just need to plan ahead to make it on a relaxed day.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, sesame seeds, oil and salt in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) thin diameter circle with help of a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame, using ¼ tsp of oil, till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth till it turns crisp and dark brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakhra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.