Whole Wheat Orange Cake, Diabetic Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 258 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25085 times
The Whole Wheat Orange Cake is a fabulous dessert with a pleasant hue and tangy taste. Made with whole wheat flour and low-fat dairy products, this dessert is suitable for diabetics too.
A combination of curds and butter is used to achieve a soft and succulent texture with lesser butter than usual. Another twist in this recipe is the use of orange rind alone, without any orange juice or essence.
The rind gives the perfect orange taste without making the dish sour and increasing the need for sugar. Serve this cake warm and fresh – it is softest when served immediately upon baking.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl, mix well using a spatula.
- Add the curd and orange rind, mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and approx. ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a greased and dusted aluminum tin of 150mm. (6”), tap it lightly and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c ( 360°f) for 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly, loosen the edges using a sharp knife, demould it and cut into wedges.
- Serve as required.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.