Whole Wheat Idly
by Palak Rajput
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13913 times
Whole wheat idly is prepared from whole wheat grains, urad dal and very little rice. You can add various grated vegetable of your choice in this idli batter and steam it.
- Heat a pan, add the whole wheat and fry them till it turns to dark brown in colour, saute continuously on a medium flame. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the rice and roast for a minute on a high flame.
- Cool the rice and wheat and soak in enough of water for 6 – 8 hours. Keep aside.
- Wash thoroughly and soak the urad dal in enough water for an hour.
- Grind the soaked whole wheat, rice and urad dal into smooth paste, using little water as per required to make a idli batter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the idli batter, semolina, carrots, cumin seeds, coriander and salt, mix well.
- Grease the idli moulds with the ghee and fill in the idly batter.
- Steam the idly for 8 – 10 minutes or until they cook and become soft.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 18 Jan 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.