Whole Wheat Date Cookies ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 341 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45532 times
Most babies love to nibble on their favourite snack. Biscuits are usually made using refined flour i. e. Maida. The use of whole wheat flour in these cookies makes them healthier than other cookies. Also date purée which is used to sweeten these cookies provides iron and fibre. A great snack to pack when you're taking your baby outdoors for more than an hour or so.
- Chop the dates into small pieces and add ½ cup of water.
- Bring to a boil in a non-stick pan and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes till the dates are fully mashed into a purée.
- Cool and keep aside.
- Combine the flour, butter and sugar using your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the cooled date purée and knead it into a dough.
- Cover with a plastic film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out into a sheet of 6 mm. (¼") thickness and cut out round cookies approx. 37 mm. (1½") in diameter using a cookie cutter.
- Re-roll the scraps of dough to make more cookies and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per cookie
|Amt|| 14 gm|
|Energy|| 57 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.6 gm|
|Cho|| 7.0 gm|
|Fat|| 2.9 gm|
|Vit-A|| 113.3 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 0.0 mg|
|Calcium|| 3.0 mg|
|Iron|| 0.3 mg|
|F.Acid|| 1.6 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.