Whole Wheat Bread Cones with Potato and Mint Filling
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18210 times
Children love finger foods… they are hep! whole wheat bread tartlets served with the all-time favourite potato is sure to rock their snack time, in a healthy way.
- Lightly grease a muffin tray or 6 tart moulds and keep aside.
- Remove the crusts from the bread slices and flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
- Press each slice of the flattened bread into the greased muffin tray or in the tart moulds and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, corn and mint leaves and coriander and mix well.
- Add the milk, cheese and salt, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Spoon a portion of the filling mixture into each bread tartlet.
- Sprinkle a tsp of cheese on top of each tartlet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 170°c (350°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the tartlets turn light brown in colour and crisp.
- Serve immediately topped with tomato ketchup.
- The bread slices should be absolutely fresh, else the tartlets will crack.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.