Whole Wheat Bread
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7963 times
nutrition information per serving (1/32 of recipe): calories 136; total fat 3g; saturated fat 0g; cholesterol 1mg; sodium 191mg; total carbohydrate 25g; dietary fiber 4g; protein 5g.
- In large bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat water, milk, honey, and oil until very warm (120o to 130of). gradually add to dry ingredients;
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. with spoon, stir in enough
- Punch dough down. remove dough to lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. roll each half to 12 x 7-inch rectangle. beginning at short end of each rectangle, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. pinch seams and ends to seal. place, seam sides down, in 2 greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans. cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until double
- Bake at 375of for 35 to 45 minutes or until done. remove from pans; let cool on wire racks.
This recipe was contributed by vbkhera99 on 14 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.