White Sauce ( For Baking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 199 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 155703 times
A basic sauce made by using plain flour, butter and milk. Easy to make but very versatile in its uses. Its used as a base for various soups, pastas, sauces, baked dishes, etc which require a certain creaminess.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- If the sauce is to be used for later use, add a little milk, mix well and re-heat it.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.