White Forest Pastry ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 123708 times
A delicious dessert of chocolate sponge layered with cream and cherries.
- Slice the vanilla cake horizontally into 3 equal parts. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar syrup and cherry liquor in a bowl to make the soaking syrup and keep aside.
- Soak the bottom layer of the vanilla cake with 1/3 of the soaking syrup.
- Spread ½ cup of cream on the soaked layer of the cake.
- Put ½ the cherries on top and sandwich with the second layer of the vanilla cake.
- Repeat the steps 3-5 to make 1 more layer on top.
- Soak the topmost layer of the vanilla cake with the remaining soaking syrup.
- Spread the remaining cream evenly on top and at the sides.
- Cut into 4 equal wedges, transfer the wedges onto a cake board and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- To make the white chocolate curls, spread ¼ cup of tempered white chocolate in a thin layer on a clean formica / granite or marble surface using a palate knife.
- With a firm grip on the palate knife and employing a steady amount of pressure, slowly draw the knife in a straight line down the layer of white chocolate. You can use your free hand to help form the chocolate into nice curls.
- Garnish the circumference of the upper surface and the sides with white chocolate curls.
- Place 2 cherries on each portion and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.