White Chocolate and Pistachio Balls
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 117 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19786 times
A box of handmade sweets, lovingly prepared by you, is perhaps the warmest way to greet a special someone. And if you have not been doing this, under the assumption that chocolates and sweets are tough to make, then here is a recipe that will change your opinion right away. White Chocolate and Pistachio Balls features a tantalizing combo of coconut and white chocolate, which is sure to delight anybody you offer it to. You may replace white chocolate with dark chocolate, if you wish to, so the easy, no-fuss sweets can be perfectly customized to your taste.
- Heat the fresh cream in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the white chocolate and mix well till the mixture is smooth. Allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
- When cool, add the coconut essence, mix well and keep aside.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the crumbled vanilla sponge, 2 tbsp of pistachios and white chocolate mixture in a bowl and mix well till it turns smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a small round ball. Keep aside.
- Combine the desiccated coconut and the remaining 2 tbsp of pistachios in a plate and roll the balls in the mixture till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Place the balls in 6 individual paper cups and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
- You can also make this recipe with dark chocolate instead of white chocolate and while doing so replace the vanilla sponge with chocolate sponge.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.