White Chocolate Strawberry Cake ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12527 times
Intelligence rests in choosing between white or dark chocolate as the situation demands, and once you taste this you will have no doubt that white was the best choice here!
- Place the vanilla cake on a turntable and slice it horizontally into 3 equal parts. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar syrup and strawberry essence in a bowl to make the soaking syrup and keep aside.
- Soak the bottom layer of the vanilla cake with 1/3 of the soaking syrup.
- Spread ½ cup of white chocolate truffle on the soaked layer of the cake.
- Put ½ the strawberries on top and sandwich with the second layer of the vanilla cake.
- Repeat the steps 3-5 to make 1 more layer on top.
- Soak the topmost layer of the vanilla cake with the remaining soaking syrup.
- Spread the remaining white chocolate truffle evenly on top and at the sides of the cake.
- Transfer the cake onto a cake board and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Place the cake on a turntable and run a pastry comb along the sides.
- Make the strawberry jelly as per the instructions on the packet. Keep aside to cool. Take a ohp sheet and cut a rectangular strip of 75 mm. (3”) in width. Stick it along the sides of the cake gently.
- Pour the strawberry jelly on top of the cake gradually taking care to see that it doesn’t run down the side.
- Refrigerate to set. Remove the ohp sheet strip and discard it.
- Put grated white chocolate slices along the circumference of the cake.
- Stick strawberry slices along the sides. Cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.