by Foodie #48100
This recipe has been viewed 1241 times
please alter the amount of sugar required depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
variation: muskmelon ice may also be prepared in the same manner.
Add your private note
Watermelon Ice recipe - How to make Watermelon Ice
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
250 gms. liquefied watermelon pulp250 ml water
125 ml. sugar
2 tsbp. crushed chinagrass
1 tsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- Soak chinagrass in 50 ml. or 1/2 cup water for 10 minutes.
- Bring to a boil till fully dissolved, stirring continuously.
- Bring remaining water to boil in a deep vessel.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar completely.
- Strain chinagrass mixture into sugar solution.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Mix in liquefied pulp and lime juice.
- Blend very briefly to evenly mix chinagrass only if required.
- Do not allow to froth.
- Add mint leaves and stir.
- Pour into icecube trays and set till firmly frozen.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.