Watermelon Basket ( Fruit Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19713 times
Give your flowers a unique haven and arrange them in a basket of sweet smelling watermelon.
Add your private note
Watermelon Basket ( Fruit Carvings) recipe - How to make Watermelon Basket ( Fruit Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 1 basket
- Place the watermleon on the chopping board and using a long knife, carve the watermelon in the ¼ portion as shown.
- Detach the two side portions of the watermelon, leaving the middle part intact.
- Using a carving knife, cut a small piece of the watermelon so that it can stand on a flat base. Using a knife, trim the red part of the watermelon only till the handle of the watermelon (vase), leaving the white part intact.
- Place a spring onion on a chopping board. Using a carving knife, cut the spring onion white and discard it. Use it for something else.
- Place the spring onion green on the chopping board and make long slits at 1 cm intervals using a knife.
- Using the knife, cut the spring onions a little.
- Immerse the spring onion green in ice-cold water and set aside for 10 minutes so that the leaves become crisp and curl well. Repeat the steps 4 to 7 to make more spring onion curls.
- Scoop a little of the red portion on the vase part using a scooper. Make zig-zag cuts on the circumference of the watermelon (vase) using a knife like.
- Place it on a flat surface and arrange the spring onion curls and flowers with the help of pins to complete the vase.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.