Walnut Vegetable Paté with Toasted Triangles ( Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13665 times
The walnut vegetable pate serves as an interesting appetiser. Served over toasted bread triangles make a filling starter. Again feel free to experiment with the accompaniment however chose the low calorie options.
Walnut being a dry fruit is high in calories and fat, however the fat in it is beneficial for health so no worries. But anything in excess is not bad so is true for these healthy nuts too…hence limit your serving size and have it once in a while.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mixed vegetables and sauté over a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the walnuts, garlic, mixed dried herbs and salt and blend in a mixer with a little water to get a grainy purée.
- For serving. Place a small lettuce leaf on each toasted triangle,spread little paté on each toasted triangle, top with few drops of tabasco sauce.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and serve immediately.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.