Walnut Praline, Topping for Desserts
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9712 times
A wonderful ingredient that enhances the flavour and texture of recipes such as Mount Pleasant Cake .
Walnut praline is very easy to make but requires a lot of caution while making it, so give it your 100 % attention. It can be made in advance but make sure you store it in an air-tight container.
- Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to7 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the walnuts and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a greased flat surface and allow it to cool and harden.
- Scrape it out using a palate knife and coarsely powder it using a mortar-pestle (khalbatta).
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- As sugar caramelizes quickly, make sure you pay attention during the melting process at step 1.
- Be very careful while making this recipe as hot praline mixture can cause burns very easily.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.