Walnut & Ginger Bread
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5886 times
This recipe is full of ginger which is a very important ingredient and is very well known for it's home remedy properties. ginger is especially used for motion sickness, nausea, and even in morning sickness. this recipe can be served for breakfast with some spread and fresh fruits...pregnant women will love it! it can be stored in a air tight container and can be useful if you suffer from motion sickness!
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, butter, and sugar...and add to the above ingredients.
- Add buttermilk very slowly till you form a thick consistency but not very hard.
- Prepare the loaf pans as directed.
- Pour 1/2 mixture in both.
- Sprinkle fresh ginger on top of both the pans and slightly press down.
- Bake at 350 deg f for 45-50 minutes till toothpick comes out clean/bread looks brownish and voila it''s done!
This recipe was contributed by dtanna on 04 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.