Waffles with Butter and Honey, Waffles Made with Yeast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 538 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28916 times
Nothing like a soft, warm waffle to pep up the soul! Generally, people think that you need eggs to make soft waffles. But, here is an effective recipe to make soft waffles with yeast. The batter is quite easy to make, and uses only common ingredients.
You just need to be careful about the temperature of the water used to activate the yeast. It must just be warm – not hot or cold. Once you activate the yeast properly, then this recipe is a breeze. Enjoy the Waffles made with yeast, with butter and honey. Or, for a change, drizzle a little chocolate sauce on it!
You can also try savoury waffles like Moong Dal Waffles with Stir-fried Vegetables and Nutri Waffles .
- Combine the dry yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the yeast mixture, powdered sugar, melted butter and milk, mix well to make a smooth thick batter. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 more minutes.
- Pre-heat the waffle iron, grease it with little butter, pour a ladleful of the mixture into each waffle cavity, spread it evenly and cook till it is brown from both the sides.
- Repeat step 4 to make 2 more waffles.
- Serve immediately topped with butter or honey.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per waffle
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.