by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23637 times
These require practice in puff pastry making.
- Sieve the flour.
- Rub 30 grams of ghee very well into the flour.
- Make a well in the centre. Add the salt in this well and pour a little ice-cold water on top.
- Make a soft dough by adding some more ice-cold water.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Keep the dough under a cloth for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with the help of a little flour to an along shape. Brush away the extra flour. .
- Apply the remaining 100 grams of ghee leaving aside a strip of about 12 mm. (1/2") width all around.
- Cut the rolled dough into 3 unequal parts as shown in diagrams.
- Roll up part no. 1.
- Put it over part no. 3 and roll up with no. 1 inside.
- Put this rolled part on part no. 2.
- Go on pulling the edges to seal the ghee while rolling part no. 2 with no. 3 inside.
- Sprinkle plenty of flour on a tray. Put the rolled dough over it and sprinkle flour again. Cover with a cloth.
- Chill the dough in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator over the ice tray for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll out to a rectangular shape.
- Divide the dough into 3 imaginary equal parts as shown in diagrams.
- This time no cutting is rquired. Fold part no. 1 on the left on part no. 2 and fold part no. 3 on the right on part no. 2.
- Chill the dough in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator over the ice tray for 5 minutes.
- Roll out once again into a big rectangle with the help of flour. Brush away the extra flour.
- Roll out the dough into about 6 mm. (1/4") thickness on a lightly floured board.
- Stamp out rounds of 37 mm. (1 1/2") diameter.
- Make a hole in the centre of each round with 12 mm. (1/2") nozzles. Keep aside the inner rounds for use as lids.
- Roll out the trimmings thinly with the help of flour and then stamp out rounds of 37 mm. (1 1/2") diameter.
- Apply a little water on the thin rounds and put the rings on top so as to make the cases.
- Arrange the cases on a baking dish and brush with ghee. Put the lids also on the baking dish.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450°f for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350°f and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix the white sauce and corn. Add salt and pepper and half of the grated cheese.
- Just before serving, fill up the vol-au-vent cases with the hot filling, sprinkle the balance cheese and cover with the lids.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.