by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16757 times
Vegetarian version of the usually chicken-based curry that I tasted on a trip to Vietnam.
- Blend lemon grass with ¼ cup water. Strain and keep the water aside.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the coconut milk. Keep aside.
- Mix potatoes, onions, ginger-garlic, bay leaves and two cups of water and put to boil.
- When potatoes are half cooked, add turmeric powder, tomatoes and carrots.
- Add lemon grass water, salt, curry powder and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut milk, broccoli and tofu and simmer for two minutes.
- Add sugar if required.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
- To make a substitute for curry powder :
- Combine 1 tablespoon of coriander cumin seed (dhania-jeera) powder with 2 pinches of sambar powder and add to this recipe.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||422.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||27.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.