Vibrant Cucumber Cauldrons ( Vegetable Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8606 times
Carve flowers and petal on the outside and serve dips and chutneys inside!
Add your private note
Vibrant Cucumber Cauldrons ( Vegetable Carvings) recipe - How to make Vibrant Cucumber Cauldrons ( Vegetable Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 2 cauldrons
2 green or brown cucumber (madras kakri)
- Place the cucumber on a chopping board and cut a cross section of any desired length.
- Cut the top of the sliced cucumber, using a knife so your dip mug can stand on this flattened base.
- Make zigzag marks along the edges of the cucumber using a carving knife.
- Make a deep cut along the rim from the inner side of the cucumber. This makes it easier to cut out a proper shape later.
- Now with the thumb, gently push along the corners so that the triangles detach from the rest of the cucumber to get a neat zig-zag rim.
- In the smaller piece, carve out a border by taking out a thin layer of the outer skin.
- Now cut triangles along the lower edge.
- Carve a design of your choice in the centre.
- With the help of a scooper, scoop out the insides the cucumber to make a hollow.
- You can make a long cup similarly with a different design and even add a handle using a cucumber slice and toothpicks. Fill the smaller cup with the sauce and the bigger one with some celery and carrot sticks for a healthy snack.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.