Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1616 times
This is a change of lifestyle from eating paneer etc. to tofu etc....a healthier lifestyle awaits u!!!
Add your private note
Versatile Soya recipe - How to make Versatile Soya
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
soyabeans 1 1/2 cups
epsom salt 1 tbsp
grated carrots 1
sliced onions 1
green corriander 2 tbsp chopped
green chillies 1 sliced salt to taste
soda bi carb a pinch
besan 1 tbsp
turmeric 1/2 tsp.
ajinomoto 2 pinch
soyasauce 2 tsp
chilligarlic sauce 2tsp
- Method to make tofu as given by tarladalal to me...
- * soak the beans in water for at least 12 hours.
- * drain all the water and wash the soaked beans.
- * grind the soaked beans in a blender to a smooth paste using 4 cups of water.
- * strain to extract the milk.
- * boil this milk, add the epsom salts and remove from the flame.
- * strain the soya bean curd through a muslin cloth placed on a strainer.
- * press the bean curd and put some weight on it so that all the water is drained out. use this tofu instead of paneer in any recipe...it is low fat and healthier than paneer.
- During the process of making tofu , and would like to share with you.1.after processing the soyabean in the liquidiser and extracting the milk, the residue left behind is also full of nutrients...so i added a method 1:tablespoon of besan,chopped onion, grated carrots,chopped green chillies,salt,turmeric,a pinch of soda bi carb and a bit of water. t
- Method 2:chinese: add a tsp cornflour, ajinomoto, soyasauce,grated carrot,chopped cabbage, soyasauce, sesame seeds,green onionbulbs chopped,green chillies sliced andsalt to taste. add a bit of water and then make small balls n fry ...make either manchurian sauce or sweet n sour sauce...pour on the fried balls,garnish with a bit of green corriander
This recipe was contributed by vinikirpalani on 12 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.