Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9775 times
Vermicelli chitranna is a delicious savory vermicelli based recipe which can be enjoyed as s\snack or breakfast. The boiled rice vermicelli are tossed with masalas and served hot garnished with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Grind the coconut, mustard seed, salt, red chillies, and jaggery together.
- Heat a kadai, add oil, when oil heats add jeera, and hing
- Then add the grinded masala and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the lemon juice and fry for one minute
- Then add the boiled rice vermicilli and mix it thoroughly with the masala. keep it on slow flame for 5 minutes. chitranna is ready.
This recipe was contributed by mamta_prasadbadri on 29 Mar 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.